Bloggers have emerged as front-and-center figures in the ever-changing world of fashion. They've gone from being on the sidelines to having an influential voice within the industry. We are very excited to share with you today a rising blogger whose fresh perspective on style has been generating a lot of buzz on Instagram. Our interviewee is the brains behind the page @mysliceofluxe; we get to hear her thoughts on our favorite item of clothing (the handbag).
Here are seven handbag questions with Joyce Golden of @mysliceofluxe.
1. What are your long-term goals for your brand?
This is a tough one. I didn’t start mysliceofluxe thinking it would potentially be my “brand”.. I really wanted to share my love for luxe bags with others who enjoy them too. I made so many friends on this platform & hope to continue to grow organically.
2. What bag do you recommend as a first designer purchase and why?
If this was years ago.. I’d say Chanel.. have you seen the price increases?! If only I had started with Chanel.. but I guess I’d say a Louis Vuitton Neverfull. I know I know, it’s so basic but it really is a great first bag.
3. Which designer tote bag is the best bag to buy in your point of view?
Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM
4. Which designer do you have the most bag collection from and why?
I’m a LV girl through and through 🙂
5. Which handbag in your collection has the most sentimental value to you and why?
I’d say my LV Empreinte Vavin.. an unexpected gift from my husband on our anniversary.
6. Is there a handbag you've regretted buying? Why and what did you do about it?
Buyers remorse happens.. luckily I have a great relationship with my SA so I was able to return it… but it was a Louis Vuitton Iena in Damier Azur… it was beautiful but the white scared me.. I wear too much black and was afraid of color transfer. If it’s a bag that I’ve had for a while and can’t return I sell it in the preloved market.
7. If you're stuck on whether or not to buy a handbag- how do you make the decision to buy the bag or leave it?
Life’s short, buy the bag….. just kidding. I research and watch YouTube videos and reviews on the bag.. I like to purchase bags that make sense with my lifestyle.